Man who felt unwell after eating found dead in motorhome, inquest hears

Robin Wynne Williams

A man who complained of feeling unwell after eating a pizza was later found dead in his motorhome while staying in North Wales, an inquest has this week heard.

Robin Wynne Williams, 46, was discovered in his motorhome on The Antelope Inn car park in Bangor on March 3.

Sarah Riley, assistant coroner for north west Wales, said she was told that the construction engineer had been on a night out with workmates in the Menai Bridge area on March 2.

During a phone call to his partner Karen Maurice at 9.50pm that evening, he suggested he was having a reaction to a pizza he had eaten, and that it had happened on numerous occasions in the past.

He was due home the following day, March 3 but his partner later became concerned and called the pub where he had stayed to see if his motorhome was still there.

On the news that it was, she travelled to the car park and found him in the motorhome’s toilet cubicle.

Paramedics were called and he was declared dead at the scene at 6.14pm that evening.

A post mortem examination gave the provisional cause of death as “unascertained”.

The assistant coroner adjourned the inquest pending completion of further investigations.

Don’t forget to subscribe to the Van Life Matters newsletter or download the Van Life Matters App to stay up-to-date with the latest UK Van Life news, tips and advice.

Related articles

Wales set to drop blanket 20mph speed limit

Mike Ruff

New overnight stopover opens in North Wales

Mike Ruff

‘Brick’ thrown at motorhome on South Wales dual carriageway

Mike Ruff

Man found dead in motorhome at pub suffered severe allergic reaction

Mike Ruff

UK’s most hashtagged van life destinations revealed

Mike Ruff

Wild campsite owner speechless after unhappy camper complains about sheep

Mike Ruff

Leave a Comment

Van Life Matters