Image: Eddie Cheung.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent after a campervan was set on fire at Little Fistral, Newquay earlier this week (July 20).
Devon and Cornwall Police said a man, in his 30s and from Newquay, had been bailed until 18 August.
The silver Mercedes Sprinter campervan became engulfed by flames and smoke at Little Fistral as firefighters worked to control the blaze.
Crews from Newquay Community Fire Station attended the blaze and said no-one was hurt.
The incident prompted the fire service to issue a reminder to people to check they have working smoke detection and carbon monoxide detectors fitted in their place of residence.
In a post shared to the Newquay Community Fire Station Facebook page, a spokesperson wrote: “Today Red Watch attended a fire in a campervan at Little Fistral.
“Thankfully no one was injured, but please use this as a reminder to check you have working smoke detection and carbon monoxide detectors fitted where ever you sleep, house, boat, camper van or caravan – smoke detectors save lives.”
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Van Life Matters newsletter to stay up-to-date with the latest UK Van Life news, tips and advice.