Image default
News

Fire crews issue campervan gas stove warning following Llandudno gas explosion

Fire crews were called to a campervan gas cooker explosion in Llandudno this morning (July 22).

The incident left two people with what North Wales Fire and Rescue referred to as “superficial burns”.

Two fire appliances attended the incident on Trinity Avenue, Llandudno at 6.25am, after a camping gas canister ignited in a caravan and flash as the two people lit their cooking stove.

A North Wales Fire and Rescue spokesperson said: “Two people sustained superficial burns in their campervan this morning when their camping gas canister ignited and flashed over as they lit their cooking stove.

“It is believed that there had been gas leak either when changing the gas bottles or from a damaged gas pipe.”

The Fire service have issued a message advising campers to ventilate their campervan/caravan if they can smell gas after changing a gas bottle before lighting their cookers, and ensure that regular checks are carried out on gas pipes to make sure they are not bent or damaged.

Don’t forget to subscribe to the Van Life Matters newsletter to stay up-to-date with the latest UK Van Life news, tips and advice.

Related articles

Electrical fault “most likely” cause of Morrisons motorhome fire

VLMeditor

Motorhome goes up in flames at Weymouth petrol station

VLMeditor

Campervan fire spreads to property in West Yorkshire

VLMeditor

Arson arrest after campervan went up in flames at popular Cornish beach

VLMeditor

Motorhome driveway fire spreads to homes

VLMeditor

Woman and 10 dogs killed in Lincolnshire caravan fire

VLMeditor

Leave a Comment

Van Life Matters respects your privacy. We use cookies to improve your experience and ensure you get the most relevant content. We assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More