Jersey has retained its position as the sunniest spot in the British Isles for the fourth year, Met Office data shows.
The largest of the Channel Islands soaked up a total of 2,331.6 hours of sunshine last year – and 342.3 more hours of sunlight than anywhere in mainland UK.
Jersey has over 30 beaches covering 12 miles of coastline for visitors to enjoy and take advantage of the variety of water activities available.
Jersey offers breathtaking scenery that blends the familiar with a dash of European flair, creating a unique experience of rich countryside and beautiful coastal views.
Amanda Burns, CEO of Visit Jersey, said: “We’re delighted with the news that Jersey is officially the sunniest spot in the British Isles for the fourth year running.
“Jersey is a curiously Brit…(ish) destination, a place close to home but a world away.
“With an extra 342 hours of sunshine each year, visitors can look forward to a holiday that feels exotic with the security of a mini-haul break.
“It’s perfect timing, with Brits starved of sun over the winter months our visitors are dreaming of sunnier days.
“With the sea never more than 10 minutes away in Jersey, we look forward to welcoming visitors to feel warm sand between their toes before they know it!.”
Things to do in Jersey
- Jersey National Park: Rich in history and with its varied and diverse landscape, Jersey National Park offers unspoilt beaches, delicious restaurants, and outdoor activities.
- St. Brelade’s Bay: Named as the #3 best-rated beach in the UK in TripAdvisor’s Travellers Choice Awards in 2019, St. Brelade’s Bay is an island favourite, perfect for those seeking a day on the water.
- RIB Trips to Jersey’s Archipelago: Home to one of the largest tidal ranges in the world, explore Jersey’s archipelago, on a RIB trip and discover a submerged coastal landscape of reefs and islands, revealed at low tide.
- La Corbière Lighthouse: Walk across the causeway past rock pools and sandy beaches to discover the dramatic spot where sand meets sea.
- Coasteering: Thrill seekers can get a natural high with Jersey’s original coasteering company; Jersey Adventures in two hours of swimming, climbing, caving, and discovering secret bays.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Van Life Matters newsletter to stay up-to-date with the latest UK Van Life news, tips and advice.