The occupants of a campervan escaped with minimal injuries after its leisure battery exploded in Dorset.
Emergency services were called to Three Legged Cross after receiving reports of a “hazardous material incident”.
A spokesperson for Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “At lunchtime today (June 23) reports of a hazardous material incident linked to a road traffic collision on the Verwood Road, Three Legged Cross, saw a multi agency response.
“A fire crew from Verwood along with colleagues from Ringwood, the police and ambulance service were mobilised.
“It was quickly established that an internal leisure battery had exploded inside a campervan.
“The occupants escaped with minimal injuries.
“After making the vehicle safe and the occupants left being assessed by ambulance staff we were able to clear the scene and return to home station.”
Don’t forget to subscribe to the Van Life Matters newsletter to stay up-to-date with the latest UK Van Life news, tips and advice.